Job title : Estimator
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
ESTIMATOR - Foundation Shoring and Drilling
We are seeking results driven construction estimators to work in a high energy environment. We offer competitive salary, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation) and an opportunity to be a part of and share in our future growth and success.
• Generate quantity and detailed take-offs based on an accurate reading of plans, drawings, geotechnical reports, requests for proposals and special provisions, architect/engineer specifications and related contract documents.
• Perform a detailed review of the bid documents for compliance with company standards, client standards, constructability and compliance with budget.
• Create initial project schedules for submission with proposals as requested by clients.
• Solicit subcontractor and material pricing as necessary for both budgets and hard bid projects and evaluate cost estimates.
• Work to collect and prepare all relevant preconstruction data, set up project details including concrete mix designs, specialty equipment and purchasing materials.
• Manage field work and control costs, job cost reporting, project budgets, billing and close put projects.
• Maintain subcontractor and historical job cost data bases.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as estimator, project manager or related position.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Construction Science, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent technical skills. Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and structural plans, technical drawings and job specifications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to correspond with team members, clients, contractors, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers and other entities to submit bid package.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer and technology skills - MS Excel, Word, Office Project.
• AutoCad experience a plus.
• Familiarity with estimating software, the Blue Book and internet to solicit bids and material from subcontractors and suppliers.
• Must be able to work in the United States, pass pre-employment physical, drug test, possess California driver’s license and excellent DMV record.
• Foundation Drilling & Shoring Estimating: 5 years (Required)
• Tieback, Micropile Drilling Estimating: 5 years (Required)
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• California Driver's (Required)
• English (Required)