Job title : Residential Mechanical Designer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Support Director of Design and Residential Design Lead
* Perform and review HVAC load calculations, duct sizing, and system sizing per ACCA Standards
* Provide support to analysis team
* Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution
* Organize scope into major categories to outline deliverables and milestones
* Determine primary time table for deliverables
* Modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions
* Develop workarounds to overcome obstacles in the critical path
* Integrate, review, and validate critical relationships with primary parties
* Receive and understand client constraints
* Able to modify and adjust to software – Manual J Software, AutoCAD, Wrightsoft-Wrightdraw, RESCheck, REMrate
* Manage and control all data through Excel and SharePoint
* Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
* Advanced Proficiency in Excel/SharePoint
* Strong Attention to Detail
* Efficient Time Management Skills
* Effective Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
* Ability to read/write/comprehend technical instructions
Education and/or Experience:
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
* Coursework should include but is not limited to the following: Thermodynamics, Fluids, HVAC, Material Science, and Circuits.
* EIT is NOT required but salary incentive will be offered to those who obtain it.
* AutoCAD or REVIT experience during college is a PLUS.
* Extensive understanding of geometry and math (helpful)
* 0 to 1 year of relevant work experience in mechanical engineering including house framing, home mechanical systems, blueprints, and/or general carpentry.
* Training will be provided and is required for this position.