Job title : Project Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Project Manager position plans, leads, and coordinates all activities associated with the overall execution of a construction project in order to minimize risk and maximize return. Project Managers participate in the conceptual development of a construction project with the Pre-Construction and Estimating departments and oversees the organization, scheduling and implementation of the project in order to achieve the common goals of the project team.
High Payoff Activities/ Responsibilities/ Duties:
* Collaboration with Superintendent: Works collaboratively and effectively with the superintendent throughout the project. Provides direction, support and acts as a resource for the superintendent to ensure that all needs are addressed.
* Schedule: Develops and communicates the scheduling plan with all parties involved to ensure execution as designed and provides potential solutions to obstacles in a timely manner. Maintains regular coordination and communication between all team members.
* Submittals and Material Delivery Log: Ensures the correct materials are identified, reviewed, and approved on time. Manages the submittal process and maintains accurate and updated material delivery logs to ensure all necessary materials are delivered on time.
* Pre-Construction Meetings: Plans and coordinates all construction meetings (general, city, and mini- construction meetings) to discuss inspections, communicate requirements and manage expectations.
* Pay Process: Ensures positive cash flow and timely payment by all parties. Defines, reviews, and manages the owner pay application process throughout the project. Works with subcontractors to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all subcontractor pay applications, submittals, approvals, and payments.
* Change Process: Responsible for the change request process to ensure changes are accurate and submitted in a timely manner. Ensures that the change requests are approved by the owner and incorporated into owner change orders as well as subcontractor change orders.
* Monthly Project Review Process: Reviews and reports all aspects of the construction project and is held accountable for scheduling, pre-construction meetings, subcontract execution, submittals, material delivery,
* RFI’s, change orders, cash flow, and start-up/ close-out items.
Additional Activities/ Responsibilities/ Duties:
* Acts as an advocate for Client by promoting all company policies and procedures and promoting a positive attitude towards the goals of each project
* Works with the Estimating department during the pre-bid and buyout stage of each project to ensure the scope of works are properly coordinated and the field personnel are informed of the proper scopes identified.
* Establishes and maintains good safety and quality control practices throughout the entire project
* Constantly solves problems and resolves issues through face to face and personal communication
* Exhibit a spirit of cooperation and teamwork with ALL project members assuring that Client is represented in a professional, courteous, and ethical manner
* Travel required, 30-50%
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
* Knowledge of technical aspects, administration, and management of all phases of project management
* Knowledge of public and construction safety and security issues and regulations
* Excellent mathematical skills, including application, and use in problem solving
* Must be able to read, understand, and apply blue prints and job specifications
* Computer skills using Timberline, TimberScan, MS Project, and MS Office
* Customer Focus
* Interpersonal Skills/ Relationship Building
* Results Oriented
* Learning and Self Development
* Computers/ Technology
* Project Management
* Time Management
* Solving Problems
* Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related area
* Minimum 5 years construction experience
* OSHA 10 Hour Minimum or we can provide
* construction: 5 years (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* English or English and Spanish (Preferred)