Job title : Electrical Maintenance Technician
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
This position has the primary responsibility to to inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, and maintain all electrical equipment in a major producing unit or assigned area. Makes mechanical repairs to cranes, and as otherwise required in connection with electrical service.
* Receives instructions regarding scheduled emergency repair, installation and inspection work.
* Inspects all electrical equipment in the assigned area.
* Trouble using testing equipment or own judgment based on general knowledge of electrical principles.
* Determine the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
* Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary.
* Interpret and analyze drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and trace electrical circuits.
* Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles, and lubricates electrical equipment.
* Pull wire in old conduit.
* Maintains equipment such motors. Drives, generators, control panel relays, interlocking control systems, electronic devices and circuit breakers.
* Makes mechanical and electrical repairs on cranes.
* Works with repair crews as directed on emergency breakdowns.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma required.
* Secondary education in industrial electricity preferred.
* Industrial maintenance experience
* Education and/or experience in pneumatics, hydraulics and welding preferred.
* Person would have good written and oral communication skills