Job title : DCS Field Service Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Client is a successful and innovative Emerson Impact Partner. Client provides an entrepreneurial opportunity for each employee to achieve our common mission of Delivering a Successful Customer Outcome 100% of the Time. Our customer base includes steel, power, chemical, refining, pulp & paper, natural gas, and many others. With offices in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio, Client has provided the process control industries with cost effective products, services and engineered solutions for over 60 years. We seek individuals with our same passion for excellence and financial success.
* WORK COLLABORATIVELY - Promote an inclusive and positive work environment that encourages collaboration and team building across all levels of the organization. Work with others to resolve obstacles that may prevent the organization from achieving its mission.
* CUSTOMER FOCUS - Demonstrate the desire and knowledge to understand customer needs. Provide personalized, professional and courteous service, accurate information, continuous communication, and the ability to handle customer concerns in an appropriate manner.
* INTEGRITY - Behave ethically, act fairly, and take responsibility for accomplishing work goals.
Primary Job Duties::
* Perform system network design, installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in a Microsoft OS environment.
* Perform general computer maintenance, diagnostics, and data backups of workstations
* Provide Dell server and workstation support
* Troubleshoot DCS control systems at the network, controller, and I/O level, in order to resolve customer problems in an efficient manner and keep their system running.
* Support customer contracts for 24/7 emergency response and preventive maintenance.
* BS Engineering or Associate Degree with 3 or more years of relevant experience
* Strong computer hardware troubleshooting and Microsoft OS knowledge.
* Knowledge of Dell computers, DeltaV configuration, and graphics design is a plus.
* DCS or PLC troubleshooting experience is a plus.
* Strong communication skills and ability to interface with customers.
* Ability to travel, sometimes overnight to customer sites.
* Ability to support on-call duty on a rotating weekly basis.