Job title : Quality Assurance Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the process and the end products meet the established requirements of the organization and customers, as well as guaranteeing the processes comply with local, state and federal regulatory agencies. The Quality Assurance Manager will champion continuous improvement efforts; initiate and implement quality assurance activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s products. The Quality Assurance Manager provides direction to the department in support of company-wide strategic business objectives. Directs, administers, manages and ensures quality compliance to contracts, including policies and procedures throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
* Oversees companywide adherence to our procedural documentation (quality management system) and its compliance with ISO 22000, ISO 9001-2015, NSF and other external certifications.
* Identify and implement Quality Department goals and objectives in support of company-wide strategic business plans.
* Serves as the primary interface with Quality Assurance Representative to encourage effective communication and good customer relations.
* Promotes and maintains good relations and addresses issues and concerns through teamwork.
* Supports the management of budgets and staffing forecasts to facilitate successful execution of the department goals and support of all projects.
* Serves as primary Quality interface and coordinator for engineering and program management issues and manufacturing activities, including production control, procurement, planning, assembly, test and ship.
* Manages the required training, process improvement activities, and the development and implementation of new systems affecting the Quality Department.
* Facilitates the efforts to implement industry-wide/best practice standards.
* Implements a rigorous continuous process improvement program with emphasis on Lean, cycle time reduction, elimination of rework/defects, and root cause analysis.
* Maintains Quality metrics, and a management dashboard of those metrics, and assesses performance against project and enterprise goals.
* Implements and optimizes the use of tools in support of the quality processes and procedures.
* Manages the day-to-day operation of all quality functions: inspection, supplier management, Quality Engineering, corrective/preventive actions, etc.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
* Responsibility to act as the primary liaison with the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for managing the process of fulfilling regulatory quality assurance and for providing guidance to the company with regard to quality assurance requirements..
* Ensures all documentation meet required regulatory standards.
* Develops, implements, and maintains the quality assurance plan for internal activities.
* Provides quality input and advice on the creation, implementation, and revision of SOPs
* Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
* Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
* Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
* Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
* Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
* Analyze customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
* Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
* Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification.
* Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
* Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
* Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development of personnel.
* Oversee calibration and testing programs.
* Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
* Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
o Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management
o Perform all other duties as assigned
o Regular and punctual attendance
* To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
* A track record of successful interaction among regulatory agencies.
* The ability to build and lead the regulatory and quality functions in a fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
* Experience in designing and implementing quality systems.
* Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
* Able to work well with all levels of employees and managers.
* Competent in use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in food sciences or related field.
* Minimum 8 years’ experience in Quality Assurance systems implementation and management with, preferably in the beverage or food industries, or a combination of education and experience.
* Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (FDA, ISO), preferred.
* Experience with production equipment required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Amount of Travel Involved: 10%
Language Skills: English, Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but the employee may occasionally be exposed to high level noises including but not limited to manufacturing equipment.