Job title : Plant Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
* Maintains safe work environment and strives to continuously improve the safety culture for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
* Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality and performance standards.
* Maintains plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
* Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Assures effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
* Selects, trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operations.
* Assures compliance of all plant operations with company policy and federal, state, and local regulations with the support and guidance of corporate authorities.
* Ensuring that all materials, manpower, and equipment are utilized in the most efficient manner.
* Managing business to ensure profitability targets, quality and safety standards, and schedule commitments are met.
* Reviewing job cost and other financial reports to ensure budgeted targets are being met.
* Ability to estimate forming and labor costs for various projects.
* Identifying processes and implement improvements that support the goals of the organization.
* Managing staff including coaching, mentoring, training and development.
* Identify field and plant problems for corrective action and ensure actions are properly carried out.
* Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
* BS degree in Business Management or related field. MBA preferred.
* Experience in the areas of Hazmat, Emergency Response, OSHA requirements, GMP, ISO, and/or BRC, Lean manufacturing, and 5S.
* Cost management experience
* Knowledge in environmental/safety regulations and requirements.
* Proficiency in MS Office.
* Knowledge and experience in reviewing and estimating construction project costs.
* Knowledge and experience with working with a contractor labor force including all the trades and engineering consulting.
* Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and financial statements).
* Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills. Must be able to communicate with production employees, other department managers and senior management.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
* Plant Management: 6 years (Preferred)
* Master's (Preferred)