Job title : Chief Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Under general supervision of the General Manager, direct work of maintenance staff and perform general maintenance tasks on equipment in the plant to ensure proper and safe operations on a daily basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must possess strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Steam and Natural Gas Combustion.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
* Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
* Ability to read, understand and interrupt technical manuals.
* Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
* Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
* Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and vendors.
* Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
* Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
* Strong math, reading, and English skills.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* OSHA - 30 Hour and/or OSHA 511
* 5-10 years of previous experience in a supervisory role in a laundry or comparable production facility.
* Demonstrated experience in machinery, pneumatics, electrical trouble shooting, air compressors, plumbing, boiler and computer operated equipment.
* Minimum of 5 years experience working on Milnor CBW and Chicago laundry equipment.
* Experience in OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.
* Previous experience with industry specific software preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience
* Ability to read electrical schematics and interpret user manuals.
* Advanced mechanical/electrical skills
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Experience training and leading a team
* Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than eight hours. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
* Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
* Employee must be able to climb on top of machinery in a safe and secure manner.
* Employee is required to lift and/or more machinery covers, as needed.
* Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
* Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
* Employee must be able to distinguish colors to separate whites/colors and detect stains or soiled goods.
* Employee may be subject to moderate levels of noise.
* Employee must be able to work at a repetitive, short-cycle operation requiring some judgment.
* Ability to work long hours under emergency situations in order to restore equipment malfunctions.
* Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
* Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
* Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
* Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
Occasionally, to visit customers or possibly to attend training meetings.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.