Job title : Field Project Supervisor
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Supports the companies' client awarded projects as a Supervisor on the job site. Supervisor will run a job by being able to complete or assign daily and weekly tasks, develop schedule with client and Project Manager, and make schedule adjustments, track labor hours, materials, and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan their team’s work prior to arriving at the jobsite
* Able to estimate and communicate hours/days required to complete installation tasks and communicate setbacks, delays, changes or issues with the Project Manager daily
* Review construction drawings prior to project starting
* Communicate jobsite changes to Project Manager with a half day notice
* Able to troubleshoot situations to get the most of their team’s productivity and then effectively communicate changes with their team
* Able to accurately layout a jobsite in proper order
* Able to accurately estimate and manage the jobsite within timeframe and provide estimates to Project Manager
* Able to track labor and subcontractor hours daily and submit to Project Manager
* Seek approval for field modifications by subcontractors and/or self-performed work
* Able to follow process for notification and approval of overtime
* Other duties may be assigned
* Supervise up to 5 subcontractors
* Supervise up to 15 field employees directly or indirectly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 6-8 years of experience in the carpentry environment
* Advanced knowledge of tools and equipment
* Understanding of standard and metric units of measure
* 4-6 years of supervisory responsibility of direct labor
* Certified on the operations of forklifts and other lift equipment
* Proficient in all areas listed below:
* Construction Tools:
* Hand tools, power tools, jobsite equipment, etc.
* Construction Skills:
* Fixtures – cabinets, shelving, gondola, slatwall, pallet racking, etc.
* Millwork – trim, baseboards, crown, etc.
* Proficient understanding of reading floor plans
* Understanding of working trades such as: electrical, plumbing, flooring, carpentry, painting, etc.
* Able to understand scope of work, estimate the time involved, and take initiative with fundamental scheduling changes to minimize cost and time
* Knowledge of Company policies and procedures
* Advanced skills in leadership
* Able to work on a team and follow direction from others and give direction
* Able to take initiative and ownership of work
* Able to be flexible and work with different people in various roles
* Advanced customer service skills
* Advanced knowledge of the operation of their assigned laptop, software (Gmail, Word, Excel, Windows and photo management), and printer.
* Capable of assisting/training local field employees in the following areas: construction fixture, and millwork skills
* Education (preferred level)
* Vocational School
* High School
* Flexibility – the ability to climb, balance, walk, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs consistently
* Core Strength – the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing, the ability to use muscle force to lift, pull or carry objects
* Manual Dexterity – the ability to quickly and accurately use your hand, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
* Dynamic Strength – the ability to exert force repeatedly or continuously over time; this involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue (ex: standing for a long period of time)
* Muscle Strength – the ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds consistently unassisted with arms and legs without difficulty or strain, the ability to lift that weight at full range of motion from floor to overhead and at times may be required to lift heavier weight
* Oral Comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken word and sentences
* Control Precision – the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions and react to changing job situations
* Vision – the ability to see details at close and far range
* Must be willing to work out of town for multiple weeks in a row
* Must be willing to travel 100% of the time for work
* supervisory responsibility of direct labor: 4 years
* carpentry environment: 4 years