Job title : Regional Finance Manager
Job Number :
Division : Accounting
Regional Finance Manager :
About the Position:
Client is seeking a team oriented, passionate, multi-disciplined financial leader to join our team as Regional Finance Manager. The Regional Finance Manager will be a trusted business advisor for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight to a dedicated business unit. This person will play an instrumental role in strategic decision-making, process improvement initiatives, cross regional analysis, and other required ad hoc projects.
Client’s ideal candidate will have prior demonstrated experience supporting financial operations, delivering forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impacts and results. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a business partner mindset and a proven ability to build relationships through effective communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and maintain effective planning and analysis capability, providing region leadership teams with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance
• Drive the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the regions/districts supported
• Routinely evaluate and communicate region/district financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics
• Participate as a key thought leader, influencing decision making, identifying financial priorities, and identifying opportunities for improving operational efficiency and process improvements
• Develop presentations for monthly/ quarterly senior leadership meetings and strategic committees
• Support regions/districts in analyzing capital spending opportunities. Prepare capital expenditure authorizations and presentations for the capital committee. Perform follow up analysis of actual performance vs pro-forma
• Support month end close process, review results and prepare region/district reports
• Oversee financial analyst(s)
• Partner with accounting, treasury, IT, and other corporate departments as appropriate
• Other special projects as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a combination of finance or accounting roles, demonstrating progression in responsibility and leadership in providing operational support to a designated business unit or multiple constituents
• Knowledge of advanced accounting and finance concepts, analysis techniques, and the ability to apply them in a broad business and financial environment
• Knowledge of Adaptive and/or Great Plains is a plus
• Prior experience in agriculture, distribution, or other related industries highly desired
• Willing to travel 20-25%
• Supervisory experience preferred
The following is representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing these responsibilities, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, extreme temperatures, and the like.