Job title : Operations Supervisor
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Your mission as the Operations Supervisor is to oversee all production operations and the bulk/mini-bulk deliveries for the branch. This is a full time, exempt position. The Operations Supervisor will report to the Operations Manager.
Hiring Qualifications and Competencies:
• Oversee and direct production personnel in the day’s workload including railcar unloading, packaging, blending, and tanker loading. Develop production personnel and monitor work practices to ensure that work is safe, efficient, and accurate.
• Route all bulk and mini bulk deliveries to ensure safe, efficient, and on-time delivery.
• Oversee and direct bulk and mini-bulk drivers in execution of this delivery schedule. Help drivers resolve issues which arise at customer sites. Develop bulk/mini-bulk drivers and monitor work practices to ensure that work is safe, efficient, and accurate.
• Comply with and enforce all company procedures and policies. Reinforce a strong safety culture at the site.
• Liaise with Customer service and sales to communicate the delivery schedule, execute same day orders when needed, resolve issues at customer sites, and communicate changes to the schedule.
• Manage driver qualification files for bulk and mini bulk drivers.
• Involved in advancing operating procedures or process improvement projects.
• Insure equipment is in proper operating condition; report any repair issues to the Operations Manager.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following Experience, Education and/or Training:
• Education- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University preferred, or eight years related experience and/or training with a minimum of three years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience - Three years previous Supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge- Chemical manufacturing or distribution industry a plus.
• Computer skills – Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Ability to multi-task – Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
• Communication skills – Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish is helpful.
• Organizational ability – Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
• Problem solving skills – Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Intellectual ability – Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format.
• Flexibility & Adaptability skills – Ability to adapt to a changing environment and/or circumstances and embrace new ideas.
• Team work skills – Willing and able to cooperate with co-workers with the exclusive purpose of developing a working relationship so that all the team efforts are directed towards the same clear goals.
• Mathematical ability – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.