Job title : Design Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Design Engineer-automated production
Client provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of powertrain control valves and electromagnetic actuators used in on-road engine cam phasing, cylinder deactivation, variable displacement oil pumps, and transmissions as well as other critical powertrain sub-systems.
The Design Engineer - Automated Production is responsible for new product lines, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing product lines. Actively supports and/or implements continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (e.g. lean enterprise, six sigma), training and development of training materials. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Design Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
* College Degree in Engineering required.
* Experience working on capital equipment design or intall
* Minimum of 2 years experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
* Proficiency in philosophy and techniques of several of the following: cellular manufacturing, self-directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
* Proficiency of electrical and mechanical machining equipment, is able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics, and is capable of setting up and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to equipment.
* Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
* Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products.