Job title : Process Design/Project Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in field of chemical engineering process operations involving heat transfer, fluid flow, mass transfer, distillation, reaction engineering and liquid/liquid extraction.
• Competency in the use of personal computers for business and technical applications.
• Excellent organizational skills, persistence, good judgment, and ability to follow through on all details.
• Ability to manage multiple engineering projects having effects across many departments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, from an accredited university.
• 7 to 10 years of professional experience in design, project and process (optional) engineering in chemical plant operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• With input from the Process Engineering Group implement process improvement and capacity changes through the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) process to improve health, safety, environmental, quality or productivity performance.
• As requested assist Production Department in training and instruction of chemical operators in the operation of new or revised manufacturing systems, and current systems.
• Work with the Process Engineering Group to write and maintain process operating instruction manuals and standard operating instructions in accordance with Engineering Department standards.
• Design and/or select process equipment, plus all auxiliaries such as pumps, automatic controls, and valves, to build a dedicated chemical manufacturing system or revised existing system.
• Prepare Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, energy and material balances, utility requirements, piping design and automatic controls for new and upgraded chemical manufacturing systems.
• Prepare equipment layouts, equipment design sketches, process and utility piping runs, for new and revised manufacturing systems.
• Lead or assist with process hazard analyses (PHA) of new or revised process systems prior to start-up, or existing systems as needed. Assist with the correction of PHA and incident report action items.
• Purchase special equipment and auxiliaries.
• Participate in the Safety and Health Committee.
• Train and participate as a member of the site Hazardous Materials response team.
• Estimate project costs, prepare scheduling charts for installation, and report on project progress as needed.
• Assist with managing the installation and startup of systems in the plant, including writing and following up on Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs), and participating in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR).
• Scale up R&D laboratory and pilot plant runs into full size production systems as needed.
• Participate in company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001-2015.