Job title : Site Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
SITE MANAGER -NIAMEY, AFRICA
Purpose of the job:
In country supervisor of all field personnel stationed in Africa for the assigned site for this government contract providing passenger/cargo aircraft transport as well as casualty evacuation and aerial delivery support of our government client in an austere environment.
Provide operational site management support as indicated in the duties and responsibilities section.
List of Duties:
1. Provide leadership to large numbers of skilled and semi-skilled flight operations personnel
2. Manage diverse teams of individuals leading work effort surrounding aircraft operations
3. Oversee sub-contract agreements with local companies providing labor, equipment and supplies
4. Oversight of in-country FAA 135 Charter Operations, maintenance operations and requirements
5. Conduct daily meetings with the military customers to ensure that all requirements, as defined in the Statement of Work are met
6. Communicate new requirements, concerns, and issues to Program Manager (PM) for resolution
7. Develop or provide data input to the monthly program management reviews and other reports as required
8. Provide administrative direction to employees in the Area of Operations (AO)
Experience and Skills:
Minimum years of experience necessary to perform essential functions of the job:
Minimum of five years of aviation program management experience
Preferred:5 - 7 years of applicable experience in field operations and/or aviation support of government contracts in an OCONUS austere environments/locations including a thorough knowledge of USSOCOM organization and staff processes.
Minimum education level to perform essential functions of the job:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree (
Preferred:Post graduate degree)
Unique skills or certifications needed to perform essential functions of the job:
1. Ability to manage civilian contractor personnel in highly stressful working conditions
2. Strong ability to work as a member of a diverse, dynamic team which includes company personnel, the military customer and sub-contractor personnel.
3. Thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the African continent and Arabic-speaking countries within that region
4. Outstanding problem solving skills and sound judgment, including the ability to make real time, mission critical decisions in a high stress environment.
5. Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to prepare and deliver briefings and reports to senior leadership of the company and the customer
Preferred:Experience in aerial delivery training
Preferred:Experience in NVG operations
Preferred:3 years’ experience at USSOCOM staff
Physical requirements of the job:
Incumbent is required to: be able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs., perform management duties 12 plus hours a day, be on call to perform duties 24 x 7, be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions while working outside including but not limited to extreme heat, cold and adverse weather conditions.