Job title : Assistant Electrical Project Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Project Manager is responsible for the management, initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring of projects for our customers while committed to safety, quality, on time and within budget. The Project Manager oversees all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion exceeding our customers' expectation. Daily activities include adhering to the scope of work, developing schedules, perform time management, planning, managing risks and issues, monitoring and reporting progress. Additional responsibilities include maintaining business partnerships, working closely with vendors and controlling quality. The Project Manager will provide support and supervision to all direct reports and will communicate with internal and external parties to deliver all scope requirements.
1. Read contract and scope of work in its entirety and fully understand the contract language at the onset of every project to manage accordingly.
2. Responsible for monitoring/building/maintain project schedule.
3. Responsible for notifying customer and/or general contractor for any delays or scope changes within the timeline stated in contract.
4. Monitor, forecast and manage all job costs in efforts to keep projections and WIP accurate to maximize profitability.
5. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects.
6. Required to use discretion and independent judgment as needed.
7. Oversee, support and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in projects.
8. Serves as primary contact for the project for any questions regarding the project.
9. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects and communicates changes to project team members to ensure proper executions and escalations.
10. Tracks and reports project hours and expenses, as well as drafts and manage budgets.
11. Relies on extensive understanding of project scope concepts, practices and procedures.
12. Any change order over $25k must be reviewed by Division Manager/Chief Estimator.
13. Manages and obtains overall project approvals.
14. Delegates, tracks and ensures completion of project tasks.
15. Identifies and tracks for any closure.
16. Directs the overall strategic direction of projects.
17. Organizes and optimizes resources.
18. Assesses risk and determines appropriate actions to mitigate them as needed.
19. Monitors project progress and determines actions needed to ensure completion.
20. Understands the business needs, processes, nomenclature and concepts to develop clear and thorough project plans.
21. Signing authority under $15k, all contract modification must be reviewed by Division Manager and/or Contracts department.
22. Reviews deliverables.
23. Manage customer initiated change requests; enhance project design and quality if required.
24. Read and understand construction drawings accurately to determine their impact on the scope, budge and schedule of the project.
25. Develop project plans that meet contractual requirements, satisfying the needs of the customer and establish project objectives addressing the scope, budget, schedule and performance requirements.
26. Maintain project files.
27. Conduct routine inspection/walk-down activities to remedy any issues.
28. Develop and maintain project status reports.
29. Mentor Project Engineers and/or Superintendents.
30. Responsible for reviewing estimates for future potential jobs, preparing change orders and cost estimates.
31. Apply applicable laws, rules, ordinances and regulations.
Scheduling, Cost Estimates, Budgeting, Discretion/decision making,
Organizational, Critical Thinking, Complex Problem Solving, Projections/Forecasting,
Advising people, Collaboration/Teamwork, Time Management, Attention to Detail,
Communication Proficiency, Multi-Tasking, Attention to detail, Delegating,
Writing clearly and concisely, Defining problems, Training, Self-motivated,
Active Listening, Ability to work under pressure, Running meetings
Superintendents, Foremen, Journeymen and Laborers.
Reports directly to the Division Manager. Receives training and support from Sr. Project Managers.
The noise level is moderate and work generally is in an office setting and possible outside working conditions. Less frequent exposure to high noise levels associates with construction equipment.
Frequently sitting, Frequently walking, Pulling/Pushing, Climbing
Frequently standing, Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, talk or hear Lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-Time 40 hours. May require more than 40 hours per week depending on project needs and deadline objectives. Monday through Friday and occasional work on weekends depending on time sensitive deadlines of projects.
Frequent travel to project site location may be required and to other business office locations.
Education and Experience
Project Management certification, Associates degree in Project Management or Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering. Relevant work experience may substitute for the degree or certificate.
OSHA 10 certified.
MS-Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project McCormick
Bluebeam Studio ProEst
Acad 360 Navisworks Simulate BIM 360 Glue Plangrid Textura
Docusign Newforma (SNL) Primavera P6 Navisworks Simulate WebEx
Sharefile Internet IPAD Phone/Fax/Copier/Scanner/Calculator
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.