Job title : Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Client. is a global supplier of electromechanical systems and services for hydroelectric power stations and a world leader in the hydraulic power generation market.
Working at Client means contributing to the success of a growing company in Canada.
An ideal work environment full of challenges and opportunities for career development.
Mechanical Design Engineer will possess knowledge in design, manufacturing and installation in custom hoists and water control gates for the hydropower sector and/or experience in large structural designs and hoists.
Key Responsibilities And Tasks:
* Design of hoisting systems and water control gates for various projects for the hydroelectric industry as per customer specifications; providing support to engineering staff for proper dimensioning and drawing contents quality.
* Perform design calculations (stress and deformation) and complete the detailed design.
* Perform FEA analyses using Solidworks Simulation and S-Frame.
* Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
* Prepare detailed drawings in accordance with detailed instructions and established drafting standards, using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software.
* Revises drawings prior to release to Production.
* Communicate with Project Coordinator and Production to solve technical issues related to design, fabrication and/or installation of such equipment.
* Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
* Coordinate with Project Engineers on design information and standards.
* Generate technical information with minimal guidance and supervision.
* Work within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to completion.
* Assist with the installation of designed equipment by providing support to the Installation Division.
* Be accountable for drawing production.
* Degree in civil or mechanical Engineering.
* Member in good standing of Professional Engineers Ontario or other provincial professional organization preferred.
* Curriculum in structural steel and mechanical design is considered an asset.
* Experience using 3D mechanical design software is essential; experience using Solidworks is considered a strong asset.
* Experience in custom hoist design, water control gate design or large structural design is preferred.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
* Ability to deal with competing priorities, manage time appropriately and work as required in support of customer deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Innovative thinker and proven problem-solving skills.
* Works well under pressure.
* Team player who inspires confidence.
* Ability to conceptualize structural details in three dimensions.
* Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time.
* Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally.
* Commitment to client service and technical excellence.
* Enthusiasm for change and ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment.
Client welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.