Job title : Mechanical Project Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Mechanical Project Engineer - HVAC Systems
For a project engineer with a passion for the field of mechanical engineering and an interest in joining an integrated team of architects, engineers and project managers for HVAC systems. Build on your current knowledge of mechanical engineering by engaging in projects with clients throughout North America. This key role will develop a broad set of engineering competencies, technical design knowledge, consultation and problem solving skills.
Reports to the Sr. VP of Engineering. Participates on design teams to prepare drawings and specifications for HVAC systems, including critical process air handling systems, ductwork design and installation detailing and hydronic heating & cooling systems, including steam and hot water boilers, chillers and cooling towers. This position will proactively work with multi-discipline design teams.
• BSME, BSMET, BSAE or related degree; EI or PE a plus
• 5+ years experience designing HVAC systems including central plant hydronic heating and cooling systems
• Strong interpersonal skills, work ethic and leadership capabilities
• Intelligent contributor with a desire to learn and teach others
• Self starter with the ability to manage priorities, work independently and complete assignments on schedule
• HVAC engineering design: 3 years