Job title : Electrical Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Electronic Engineer will research, design and develop electronic circuits and electrical systems for use in laser equipment. The successful candidate will also maintain and improve existing systems. The successful candidate will work with and support Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Application departments.
* Research, develop, design, prototype and test various types of electronic circuits and electrical systems.
* Select and qualify components and suppliers and provide supplier support.
* Provide circuit, PCB, PCBA and product level documentation. This includes schematic capture, bills of material, PCB layout and any test or assembly procedures.
* Work with other members of the engineering team in developing products, to ensure efficient production methods, manufacturability, serviceability, reliability and uniformity across product lines.
* Maintain and improve existing systems.
* Perform other duties as directed by the senior engineers or management.
Skills And Qualifications:
* Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout, specific experience with Cadence/OrCAD and/or Altium Designer is a plus.
* Experience in FPGA based product design and programming in VHDL/Verilog.
* Experience in designing USB based products is a plus.
* Embedded micro-controller based products design and firmware programming in C/C++ languages is a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot circuits and electrical systems.
BS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer.