Job title : Process Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
To ensure continuous process improvement, timely implementation of new processes and new products to production, specifically new equipment qualification, maintenance of processes implemented, assist in daily operational processes, calibration/ maintenance of production machinery, process validation and change management, in close cooperation with QA and Production. Monday- Friday 8AM-5PM occasional start at 7:00AM .
Come work for a rapidly growing company, with opportunities for personal growth and development. Company provides great medical and dental insurance within the following month, and comprehensive benefits package . Looking for applicants eager to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for undertaking process improvement and development projects and other activities listed below in the assigned areas of responsibility with direction from Process Engineering Manager, Director of Technology, and/or Production Managers:
• Qualification/Validation of new equipment and processes
• Process implementation and maintence
• Daily operational process and equipment Maintence:Troubleshooting of production problems, implementation of preventive and corrective actions
• Process improvement: cost reduction, increasing productivity including automation, facilitate LEAN concepts; While maintaining a stable and high quality product/ process.
• Nonconformity and change management
• Provide technical leadership in production environment based on in-depth, expert understanding of processing-structure-properties relations related to current and new products and processes within the assigned areas of responsibility. * Responsible for overseeing activities related to troubleshooting of the current production processes in close cooperation with QA and Production.
• Responsible for overseeing activities related to implementing new processes and transfer of new products to production in close cooperation with QA and Productio * Conduct pilot scale experiments and tests needed to develop and/or improve production processes.
• Develop specifications and test methods for new and existing production processes.
• Investigate new processes and raw materials.
• Delegate sample preparation as necessary for testing to Production and QA staff.
• Supervise non-routine maintenance and modifications of new and existing production equipment.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
• Support LEAN roadmap, workshop plans and perform status checks.
• Support and lead LEAN and other projects (e.g. Production transfers).
• Work closely with operational and cross-functional teams to identify process bottlenecks, conduct root analysis and implement process improvements across the organization.
• Provide guidance and support during the LEAN transformation.
• Provide necessary training for employees to support continuous improvement ideas and LEAN principles (LEAN Methods – Disturbance free, Flow, Rhythm and pulling production).
• Train LEAN “Experts” within the departments and provide support as needed.
• Provide direct facilitation for specific LEAN events.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering preferably in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or 4 years relevant work experience (as Lean Trainer/Process Engineer).
• Lean manufacturing knowledge and/or experience preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work with people from all levels of the company and from different international or domestic facilities within the company.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Strong analytical abilities, strategic thinking and judgment.
• Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project, Visio and SAP.
• Ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation. Frequently required to stand, move about inside the office area and throughout the manufacturing areas. Frequently communicates with employees of all levels. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodations.