Job title : ETL Architect
Job Number :
Division : Information Technology
Job Summary: Establish, maintain and enforce ETL architecture design principles, techniques, standards and best practices. Drive the technical design of ETL reference architecture to ensure high data quality, data integration performance and error recovery/handling. Create efficient workflows and data structures that support core organizational functions and business processes. Promotes and fosters teamwork across all areas of bank and is focused on delivering a high level of customer service to all. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality, and perform duties in a manner supporting the Bank Character Qualities.
• Design and develop ETL processes with a focus on optimizing for low levels of complexity and highly readable flow for maintainability to support ongoing system and business changes
• Follow data standards and architectural patterns, resolve data issues and complete unit testing and system documentation for ETL processes
• Conduct thorough testing of ETL process changes to ensure quality of data produced
• Translate business requirements and workflows into functional design specifications and data models
• Influence customer requirements to balance between what's being asked versus what makes sense, and find the right compromise
• Partner with Architect to evaluate and design architectural strategies for data collection, data staging, data movement, data quality and archiving
• Develop and document requirements for data warehouse, including but not limited to ETL source to target mapping, reporting requirements and data quality test cases and detailed data analysis
• Review data designs and specifications with the rest of the Data Services team
• Participate in peer reviews, analyze execution plans, and re-factor inefficient processes
• Efficiently evaluate, determine root cause and resolve production ETL issues
• Ensure proper documentation is maintained and backup personnel are properly trained
• 3+ years of ETL tool experience
• Bachelor’s degree or corresponding experience
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred
• Banking experience preferred
Required Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge of workflow analysis and simplification techniques. Understanding of application systems development lifecycle. Strong SQL coding/querying skills. Good understanding of Data Modeling/Data warehouse/DataMart design patterns.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: None
Physical Demands: None.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment