Job title : BIM Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Are you an engineer, engineering design, architect or construction manager with knowledge of Autodesk and other building design software inside-out? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
MEP related background required!
We have offices in CA, TX and DC, aiding us in providing localized support to our clients across the two Coasts. Providing solutions to the entire Design & Construction spectrum. This opportunity is for our San Francisco office
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing design and construction related backgrounds with a strong technical knowledge of Autodesk and other Design software, especially Autodesk Revit MEP. In-depth industry and software knowledge is a must.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Revit/AUTOCAD 3D modelling of conduits, fittings, steel skids, etc.
* Some detailing work like dimension pulling, BOM extraction, etc.
* Production of Shop Drawings.
* QA/QC of shop drawings.
* Clash coordination in Navisworks.
* Create initial project setup with workflow documents
* Work as part of a project team to achieve consistent results
* Provide over-the-shoulder training, developing and shadowing to staff
* Facilitate integration of BIM technology with other applications (i.e., Construction, Cost Estimation, etc.)
* Must have an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
* Professional registration (PE, RA, AIA, PMP, etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) preferred
* 0-5 years of relevant experience in a professional environment
* Professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products, including Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, Civil 3D, AutoCAD and / or Navisworks
* Working knowledge of design industry workflows and production cycles
* Working knowledge of project management software
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS:
* Adept at interacting with clients in a professional manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good at running business meetings
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Eager to support staff with a positive attitude, passion and patience
* Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion
* Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
* Adept at exploring new technology and evaluating the impact of an existing workflow
* Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives that relate to ROI
* Experience with multiple BIM / CAD project management tasks / roles, including training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader