Job title : Project Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Project Engineer, Mechanical
Job Summary: Coordinates with cross functional teams to support implementation of development projects, and provides component and system design solutions for specific product projects through analytical methodology and test validation.
• Create and drive project schedules to meet established target dates.
• Establish cost estimates and ensure cost targets are met.
• Develop prototype parts including coordination of material logistics for engineering prototypes.
• Prioritize concurrent engineering activities and secure engineering support to keep projects on task.
• Lead cross-functional teams in new product commercialization activities.
• Facilitate project reviews and meetings.
• Initiate and implement new products, product design changes and/or improvements including development and execution of reliability test plans.
• Manage and coordinate product testing.
• Identify and drive cost reduction initiatives.
• Provide technical support for product line to customers, vendors, sales, and manufacturing departments.
• Evaluate and initiate production deviations, engineering drawings, Engineering Change Notices (ECN), and Bills of Materials.
• Investigate and resolve field problems related to specific customer beverage profiles.
• May supervise activities of Drafters, Designers, and/or Lab Technicians.
• All other responsibilities as needed and as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or similar technical degree with appropriate experience.
• Two to five years of experience preferred.
• Technical curriculum or knowledge of thermodynamics, materials science, and/or electro-mechanics.
• Experience in several of the following areas: precision mechanics, refrigeration, electromechanical systems, automation, fluid dynamics, and design with sheet metal, copper tubing and plastics. Emphasis on injection molded part design with understanding of tooling, and familiarity with brazing/welding processes.
• Must be proficient in the use of industry best practices for engineering design (FMEA, DFMA, etc).
• Knowledge of quality processes, costs of defects, and how quality relates to the design and manufacturing of the product.
• Statistical knowledge including SPC tools and reliability analysis.
• Knowledge of food contact equipment and agency certification process preferred.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project software.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• 10% travel required.