Job title : Project Superintendent
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Traveling Superintendent- Current Open Position is for NIGHTS
The Superintendent must schedule construction activities to ensure each assigned project is completed on schedule and constructed to the highest quality standard in accordance with plans and specs. They must manage construction activities to ensure all work is performed safely and within OSHA guidelines. They also must manage a relationship with the Owner to ensure communication is good and that their questions and concerns are addressed timely.
* Assist the Project Manager with developing the overall schedule for each project.
* Assist the Project Manager in buying out the budget and utilizing the Company Buy Out Process.
* Know the scope of the work for the entire project. Review the contract documents including the contract, drawings, specifications, addenda, each subcontractor and each vendors’ subcontract scope of work.
* Plan, schedule and manage the daily operations of each project including subcontractors work, delivery of supplies, vendors, performed work. The project schedule is critically important. Ensure that mile stone dates are met.
* Ensure the job site is clean; monitor all conditions at the job site on a continuous basis to ensure the conditions are safe to work in.
* Monitor all work including the subcontractors work, work habits, and work procedures to ensure they are following Client, OSHA, and code safety requirements; monitor all work to ensure it is being constructed in accordance with the plans, specifications, and building codes; it is being constructed of the highest quality possible; all inspections required by the jurisdiction having authority are being performed.
* Communicate all problems as required with the Project Manager and Owner representatives to facilitate quick resolution of problems.
* Hold weekly safety meetings and submit a safety meeting report utilizing the company form each Monday to the designated office personnel; hold weekly coordination/planning meeting with subcontractors.
* Utilize the company Project Management Software (PMS) (currently Procore) to keep a “Daily Log” of each day’s activities. Use appropriate level of detail to tell story.
* Utilize the company Project Management Software (currently Procore) to submit RFI; manage RFI; track and manage submittals.
* Submit time sheets every two weeks on Monday to the designated office personnel; submit subcontractor immigration/worker verification logs each Monday to the designated office personnel.
* Set-up the jobsite and jobsite trailer (when applicable) utilizing the “job site checklist.”
* Do not sign subcontractor additional work field work orders that include pricing. It is acceptable to sign additional work orders that show the actual hours worked and material provided.
* Required to be on-site at all times while work is being performed by Client vendors or subcontractors. The exception is if the assigned Superintendent will only be away from the project for a short amount of time to go to lunch or run a project related errand. If the assigned Superintendent must leave the project, arrangements are to be made through the project manager or president to have another Superintendent on the project during the time of absence.
* Develop and maintain a “short interval schedule” in the company PMS on a weekly basis. The short interval schedule is to be developed by the Superintendent in conjunction with the Project Manager at the beginning of the project. The schedule shall include all anticipated activities for the following two weeks. The schedule shall be updated no later than Monday of each week and distributed that Monday to each subcontractor via PMS.
* Meet weekly with the Project Manager and subcontractor to discuss schedule activities and resolve problems.
* Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the Project Manager.
* Other duties as required
* 3-5 years minimum experience working on Commercial projects.
* Must have or be able to obtain current Walmart PM and SWPPP certification, training provided
* Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings and specifications
* Must be able to organize and effectively communicate between site managers, client representatives, and project management
* Ability to travel 80-90% of the year
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Must have strong computer skills, i.e. Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of Procore a plus
* Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Pay based on experience. Health, dental, and paid long-term disability after 90 days. Simple IRA after 6 months. Paid vacation time
* Construction: 5 years (Required)
License or certification:
* Driver's License (Required)
* Evening, Graveyard (Required)
* 75% (Required)