Job title : Project Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Coordinate major engineering projects.
* Assist with specification and development of annual Departmental goals and accountabilities.
* Perform and evaluate process mapping and value stream analyses.
* Generate ACAD drawings and detail specifications to accommodate equipment bidding and project work.
* Work with Marketing personnel to develop packaging equipment alternatives/systems for new product concepts.
* Generate project scopes of work, cost estimates, and schedules for management approval and execution.
* Negotiate contracts as required.
* Utilize Six Sigma methods and project management skills to efficiently and effectively execute projects.
* Coordinate and is accountable for the installation and erection of equipment systems.
* Work with required disciplines to revise annual Capital Budget.
* Organize and direct special projects.
* Evaluate compliance with engineering related directives; Occupational Safety and Health Act; Air and Water Pollution.
* Provide support for daily production as required.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Education:B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
Experience:Five to ten years of Engineering experience in manufacturing facilities, preferably the consumer products industry. A solid background in consumer products, high speed, packaging systems is strongly desired.
Skill/Special Knowledge: Ability to organize and direct major engineering projects as well as indirectly manage personnel to execute projects. Specialized and practical knowledge in equipment packaging systems design and implementation is strongly desired. Additional skills desired include a foundation in Lean / Sigma methods / techniques and knowledge of maintenance management. Proficiency in the use of ACAD, WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, and Microsoft Project is required.