Job title : Electrical Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Under general direction, will manage projects and generate solutions that require development or
sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products in order to meet company objectives
in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop projects from concept to completion including tracking and reporting.
2. Maintain control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns.
3. Supervise vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs.
4. Confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
5. Conduct field investigations and prepare reports for problems or issues.
6. Work with project managers to assure work meets business needs, applicable codes and standards of
7. Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or
systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
8. Provide leadership and direction to multi-disciplinary project teams.
9. Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered in
10. Evaluate manufacturing processes and propose improvements to reduce costs; implement upon
approval as necessary.
11. Train manufacturing staff when new procedures are incorporated.
12. Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling
electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
13. Evaluate engineering proposals, drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering
practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or
14. Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional
criteria of experimental electronics units.
15. Review existing electrical engineering criteria and procedures to identify necessary revisions, deletions
or amendments to outdated material.
16. Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how
devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified,
maintained, or used.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in integration as necessary of newly acquired companies or in providing support for
2. Continually look for ways to improve processes, procedures and/or products; evaluating and
participating in improvements as appropriate.
3. Provide work direction to other technical staff as requested.
4. Travel for business as required
5. Generate reports and reconcile information.
6. Provide accurate and complete information in a prompt manner.
7. Follow and support department direction as provided by Sr. Director.
8. Other projects or tasks as assigned
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, and five years experience related experience; or equivalent combination
of training and experience. Experience with lasers, lights and related equipment manufacturing, Computer
Aided Design, and printed circuit board design and rework is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical journals
and procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence,
documentation and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers or technical peer groups, vendors/suppliers, and other external contacts.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematics as required.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Ability to learn various software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO-13485, and the Medical Device Directive.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements that relate to process design.
Knowledge of medical device, or drug manufacturing.
Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models.
Knowledge of statistical analysis.
Ability to organize workload in accordance with project priorities and timelines with focus on execution.
Ability to manage concurrent projects or tasks and coordinate work activities of others as directed.
Ability to effectively lead and work on project teams.
Ability to demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, analytical and communication skills, both verbal
and written, to meet the needs of various audiences, ranging from assembler, technicians, peers, and senior
Ability demonstrate thorough understanding of budgeting and financial forecasting on a project and
business area basis.
Ability to problem solve independently and with others.
Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency and quality of documentation and projects while managing
assignments in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs and handle confidential data.
Ability to interact and negotiate successfully with suppliers and vendors.
Ability to take initiative and make decisions within department/company guidelines.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database computer applications, and to learn various
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use one or both
hands repetitively. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance using stairs; to
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; travel up to 25%; and is occasionally exposed to electrical or moving
mechanical parts, and dust and organic fumes such as xylene and isopropanol. Normal 20/20 vision ability
(with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position. The noise level in the work environment is