Job title : Operations Supervisor
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of hourly, union operators at Mill Creek’s three operating areas: mining, dry sand processing, and milling. This is a rotating shift position than includes round-the-clock and weekend coverage and reports to the Operations Manager. The majority of the work is in the mine and process areas; moderate physical activity is required including climbing stairs and ladders, temperature extremes, and working at heights and in confined spaces.
Supervisor must be flexible to all work three 8 hour shifts, 11:00pm- 7:00am, 7:00am- 3:00pm, 3:00pm- 11:00pm, and 11:00pm- 7:00am on Saturdays and Sundays. Coverage is required 7 days per week on a rotating schedule, for a total of 21 shifts per week among all supervisors.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the plant safety program including conducting safety meetings, audits, and workplace examinations, enforcing all applicable safety requirements and ensuring MSHA regulations are followed, and ensure that good housekeeping practices are followed.
• Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the hourly crew members; solve process problems; troubleshoot and facilitate emergency equipment repairs as needed.
• Communicate safety issues and plant outages upward through the chain of command as directed.
• Manage the bulk loading process to ensure that adequate safety stock is maintained while meeting the daily shipping requirements.
• Compile and distribute production reports each shift.
• Additional duties as assigned including providing vacation relief for the Operations Superintendent.
• High School Diploma Required
• Post high school education in a technical field is a plus
• Organization – Due to handling a multitude of tasks, good organizational skills only enhance chances of success
• Cooperation – Must work well with others including adapting to a variety of personalities
• Problem Analysis – Must be a logical thinker and possess good troubleshooting abilities
• Quick thinker and decisive on direction
• Background as Operations Supervisor in mining or a similar field
• Experience in managing others in a Union environment is a plus
Excellent Computer skills: Microsoft office, Outlook, Excel
Special Skills -
• Ability to handle a number of tasks and bring projects and assignments to closure in a timely manner
• Proactive type of person