Job title : CNC Maintenance Technician
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
CNC Maintenance Tech III: Experience with maintenance of CNC machinery a must.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the maintenance of plant production equipment and facility's equipment as required. Maintenance responsibility includes understanding of mechanical & electromechanical equipment which may incorporate PLC electronic control systems. Work from work orders generated by the Maintenance Supervisor. Operate a variety of equipment in Company as required for maintenance purposes. Perform miscellaneous, non-documented work orders in plant as required.
* Maintains, adjusts, repairs and installs mechanical, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, HVAC, and other equipment in the facility as needed.
* Dismantles CNC machines and performs unscheduled maintenance and repairs as needed.
* Provides recommendations based on expertise to Quality and Process Engineering regarding proper preventive maintenance activities and schedule frequencies.
* Performs machinery and equipment installations.
* Coordinates timely equipment repairs with outside vendors including contacting contract service providers and ordering parts as needed.
* Performs general building maintenance including painting, changing light bulbs, pressure washing, etc.
* Keeps accurate records of non-scheduled maintenance and repairs and maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
* Operates a variety of forklifts, power tools, hand tools, measuring tools and other maintenance equipment.
* Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly; follows lock out/tag out procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in maintenance.
* Experience must include a minimum of 4 years doing mechanical & electromechanical troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment.
* Plant LME (Limited Maintenance Electrician Certification) is strongly preferred.
* Military education, Rate of Electronics Technician or Machinist Mate highly desired.
* Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair capabilities; expertise using hand & power tools
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Experience using inspection devices such as calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices
* Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all safety and training