Job title : Electronics Technician
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
TYPICAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
The Technician applies knowledge of electrical, electronics, computers, and mechanical principles to troubleshoot and repair complex electromechanical problems. Applies skills to determine corrective and preventative actions for equipment malfunctions, assists the Maintenance staff with trouble shooting, and performs reactive/preventative maintenance on equipment and facility. Responsible for programing, troubleshooting, and upgrading PLC and/or computer controlled automated systems. Assists project managers with equipment design, modification, and installation. Continuously improves operating efficiencies by utilization of Lean principles and tools.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design, construct, install, and repair complex electromechanical equipment including automated control systems, motor controls, PLC controls, electrical breaker/control panels, plant automation/monitoring systems, and automated plastic processing equipment. Utilize PC based diagnostic software, electronic test equipment, and programmable controllers to test, diagnose, and repair electrical/electronic equipment. Perform preventative/reactive maintenance, calibration, and PLC programing on plastic processing, ancillary support, and facility/infrastructure equipment.
Comprehension of all relevant quality management system factors and documents that refer to the job category and the awareness by the individual of their relevance and importance. That includes but is not limited to, understanding of the Quality Policy, how the individual’s performance contributes to meeting of the Critical Success Factors and specific job category or position related procedures.
COMPANY REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
* Position holder will have AA associated certification or equivalency.
* Proficiency with the English language (verbal and written).
* Can clearly communicate verbal instructions and provide feedback on equipment status.
* Generates written communication/s explaining progress or complications with equipment.
* Quality conscious; works to continuously improve equipment performance, complies with pharmaceutical excellence expectations, strives to exceed customer expectations.
* Experience installing and maintaining electrical/electronic systems.
* Ability trouble shoot and repair PLC, computer controlled, and networked automated systems.
* Comprehension of and compliance with quality management system/s (ISO 9001 and 13485).
* Develops/writes, tests, diagnoses, and modifies programs for microprocessor controlled equipment.
POSITION REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
* Two year electronic/electrical Technical/Vocational degree or formal military electronics training preferred.
* Minimum, completion of an electrical/electronic/computer based apprenticeship program.
* Minimum of 5 years previous electrical/electronic experience, preferably in plastics processing or medical/pharmaceutical manufacturing.
* Read blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematics engineering/technical manuals/instructions.
* Attention to details, advanced problem solving skills, critical thinking, hands-on PLC programming experience, hardware and software troubleshooting/repair, knowledge of National Electric Code, fabrication experience.
* Document equipment and system opportunities, write specifications, procedures, and technical manuals.
* Train personnel in testing, diagnostic, calibration, and problem solving/analysis of electrical/electronic equipment and systems.
* Ability to climb ladder, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in confined spaces.
* Clean room gowning required.
* Caution required working around hot machinery/equipment, pressurized systems, use of Lock Out Tag Out and Personal Protective Equipment is mandatory.