Job title : Safety Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Reporting to the Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) , this position manages the Safety and Environmental compliance programs, policies and practices for all Client facilities and employees
To perform this job successfully , an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job - related task as requested by their Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure OSHA and state safety regulations compliance.
• Conduct work site audits to ensure employee compliance with safety program requirements.
• Assist in the development of safety training programs.
• Conduct training in the areas of workplace safety to include all required regulatory programs.
• Conduct driver evaluations to ensure driver safety and proper driving techniques.
• Coordinate Emergency Response and accident investigations.
• Assist the Dir ector of EHS in managing the Company’s Return - to - Work program for employees out on Worker’s Compensation leave of absence.
• Conduct on - site/facility safety inspections.
• Conduct A.C.P.A. Certification training and testing.
• Provide input and assistance to continually improve and maintain the Corporate Safety manual, Hazard Communication (MSDS) Manuals, Employee Handbook, and Drug and Alcohol Testing Manual.
• Act as Liaison with customer safety representatives and conduct customer safety presentations.
• Conduct incident investigations to determine root cause and identify proper corrective actions.
• Establish a standardized chemical inventory for the branches and ensure the appropriate MSDS is posted and visible.
• Advise Director of EHS of any and all compliance related matters.
This position does not supervise other employees
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction industry safety.
• Solid knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations. Able to interpret various state and local requirements.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills. Strong writing abilities. Able to create and maintain precise records.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook ; Microsoft Office 2007 preferred.
• This position requires excellent critical thinking abilities.
• Must be able to prioritize among competing requirements.
• Dependable, mature, accountabl e.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree ; preferably in an Occupational Safety discipline.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• This position requires activities that take place both inside and outside the office. Office environment has little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and excessive temperatures.
• Some overtime required. Night shift work may be required in the summer m onths. On - call 24/7 for emergency response.
• 20% - 30% travel required .
• Must be able to verbally communicate to others.
• Must possess good manual dexterity to climb on and around all company equipment in all weather conditions common to the area of the country.
• Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must tolerate working environment with outside temperatures that include excessive heat, cold, wind, and precipitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer