Job title : Senior Project Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Client has been an audio technology innovator for more than 35 years and created the market for advanced gaming headsets. These headsets allow video game players to experience high-quality, immersive sound and to communicate with others while playing video games. We have experienced steady growth and now are positioning to accelerate in response to strong, global consumer demand for our headsets based on their quality, advanced technology, innovative features and value. To support that growth, we are reinforcing our industry leading product development team that will continue to deliver the quality audio products to our end customers through best-in-class execution and effective cost management.
We have an immediate need on our Engineering team for a Project Manager located in San Diego, CA or San Jose, CA reporting to the Director of Program Management. This role primarily manages our New Product Introduction (NPI) process but also supports the organization as needed. The successful candidate will effectively collaborate across all Client functional groups as well as a number of JDM partners based in Asia.
Who are you:
* Extremely detail oriented, capturing and communicating every task and action required to complete a project.
* Open-minded, confident, observant, listens well and works collaboratively with others.
* Cooperatively drives the team for on-time delivery while supporting the project and product goals.
* Hard-working and resourceful and remains solution oriented when confronting challenges.
* A superb communicator with all cross-functional teams, exudes positive energy, and is willing to go the extra mile for the company and their peers.
* Manage the new product introduction (NPI) process and projects and all related logistics by using existing tools and personal methods to ensure project team members achieve and have an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks, development process and progress.
* Ensure stakeholders and project sponsors are consistently apprised of ongoing updates/changes/progress.
* Coordinate with cross-functional teams to identify and communicate key project risks.
* Organize senior leadership reviews of project status ensuring compliance to requirements.
* Maintain and optimize the NPI dashboard, templates, and checklists.
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives for the NPI process.
* Support the Product Management / Business Planning team’s activities in the development of new product.
Experience / Qualifications Preferred:
* Minimum two years of work experience with project management concepts and practices
* Organizational and program management skills required
* Outstanding written, verbal, and electronic communication skills required
* Ability to accurately obtain, interpret, and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions
* Ability to resolve problems and make effective business decisions; driving value added results
* Ability to work well in a cross-functional team dealing with all levels of personnel to facilitate the accomplishment of project work.
* Understands consumer product life cycle
* Experienced with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles
* Significant knowledge and some experience with PMI's project management body of knowledge (PMBOK)
* Very high proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications, including Microsoft Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Manufacturing and consumer goods experience is preferred, especially wearables.