Job title : Senior Benefits Specialist
Job Number :
Division : Administration
Working under general supervision, the Sr. Benefits Specialist supports Client General Insurance objectives by managing employer sponsored benefit programs inclusive of health and welfare benefits, workers compensation, ergonomics, educational assistance
plans, and leaves of absence.
* Oversee third party administrators of employee disability, leaves and pay programs inclusive of FMLA, CFRA, PDL, STD, LTD, PFL and other leaves required by state and federal law inclusive of communicating with external agencies, Executive Office, payroll
and supervisors regarding employee status.
* Manage electronic employee benefit enrollments and changes inclusive of medical, dental, vision, long term care, flexible spending, employee assistance program and early retirement healthcare.
* Manage benefit communications inclusive of approval of benefit materials, conducting orientation with new hires, and ensuring compliance with government-mandated disclosures.
* Manage Workers Compensation program inclusive of supervising adjusters, third party medical providers, insurance carrier and Broker.
* Lead annual open enrollment and benefits renewal process inclusive of attending meetings, compiling census data, organizing and coordinating benefits enrollment meetings and distributing materials.
* Manage company-wide ergonomics program inclusive of ensuring work station evaluations are conducted and documented and necessary equipment is in place for employees. Manage relationship with third party ergonomic vendors as required.
* Process payment of benefit invoices inclusive of reconciling charges, resolving discrepancies, and submitting and approving for payment in a timely manner.
* Resolve all escalated concerns from employees in regards to their benefits and leaves and ensure quality of service received from carriers and Third Party Administrators.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of benefit and leave of absence regulations and trends and make recommendations for changes when needed.
* Oversee HR Assistant in the administration of our Education Assistance Program.
* Act as backup for other positions within the department as needed, inclusive of front desk support, HR compliance, and general HR support.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing benefits and leaves for a medium sized company (700+ employees) required.
* Expert knowledge of federal and state regulations that pertain to healthcare, leaves of absence and other employer sponsored benefit programs
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inclusive of Word and Excel, sufficient to develop documents and spreadsheets for tracking and archiving information.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when working with sensitive data.
* Basic math skills sufficient to calculate health and other general benefit invoices.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create detailed accurate presentations and present in front of a group.
* Ability to effectively manage time, multi task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
* Possess high degree of accuracy to proof and verify the correctness of information.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
* Solid investigative and analytical skills sufficient to resolve routine and repetitive administrative problems and employee concerns.
* Knowledge of accessing information via the Internet.
* Position requires the ability to lift up to 10lbs on a daily basis and a low degree of mobility throughout the branch buildings to meet internal customer demands.