Job title : Maintenance Technician
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Responsible for assigned manufacturing / production areas in order to meet production schedules, quality, machine up time, and cost objectives. Normal activities in the areas of fabrication, assembly, machinery operation, warehouse, office, and/or general facilities operations. Determines requirements for parts, material, equipment, and other resources. Administers procedure, production, safety, and quality control standards in designated area. Responsible for preventative (PM) planned maintenance and technical troubleshooting and repair activities.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety and testing.
• Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield. Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with equipment. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
• Acts as liaison for Contract Maintenance personnel and oversees contract maintenance activities as required.
• Develop relationships and contacts with original equipment manufacturer and relevant support companies for parts and performance.
• Trains Operators on Maintenance tasks to develop PM procedures and implements training programs.
• Maintains shop and equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Education and Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in production maintenance
• Countertop machinery and maintenance experience
* Preventative Maintenance experience
* Industrial Technology degree