Job title : Electrical Controls Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Company is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to work in the Weigh Price Label (WPL) department. The Electrical Controls Engineer, under direction of a Product Line Manager, develops, prepares and details electrical designs and control system programs for weighing and labeling machinery.
• Ability and desire to complete project commitments
• Interface cross-functionally with Company and non-Company associates from a variety of backgrounds
• Provide design and documentation using AutoCad
• Prepare detailed electrical system BOM’s
• Detail machinery control software and hardware design for PLCs, HMIs and Drives
• Willingness to travel to customer locations to oversee installations, commission equipment, and support startup (up to 25%)
• Provide in-house and on-site technical training and support to both customers and Company personnel
• Bachelor of Science degree, Technical School degree, or equivalent proven work experience in control software design and implementation
• 3 Years Automation/Controls Engineering experience required, including programming
• Experience in measurement and weigh systems is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows and MSSQL databases
• Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, operator interface hardware and software, preferably Omron and Allen-Bradley
• Installations, logic development, troubleshooting and developing replacements for obsolete systems
• Knowledge of machine control and data acquisition systems including I/O Hardware, signal conditioning, field devices and sensors
• PC programming skills, LabVIEW and VB based experience
• Machine and equipment electrical troubleshooting skills required
• Proven customer service skills
• Position requires ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Client employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment. Relocation assistance is available.
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Client uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Client is a drug-free workplace.