Job title : Food Quality Systems Engineer
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Food Quality Systems Engineer coordinates all activities that will ensure successful development and maintenance of the Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000) system. Additionally, the position supports the Operations team in food safety related activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Manage, revise and maintain food safety and quality systems to ensure successful FSSC 22000 certification is maintained through standardized data management processes including revision and maintenance of documents
• Prepare, coordinate and represent the company during 3rd party, Regulatory and surveillance audits, as well as conducting offsite audits of co-manufacturers, suppliers and warehouses.
• Manage and conduct the internal food safety training program to enhance companywide awareness
• Lead management review meetings that illustrate performance against key performance indicators and provide expertise regarding process improvements and non-conformities.
• Ensure compliance to FSMA regulations and keep HARPC plan current as changes occur.
• Manage non-conformity reports and monitor the Continuous Improvement program to support business process improvements and timely closure of open items.
• Manage and develop Documentation Specialist to ensure regulatory compliance and specification review through our PLM system.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
• Expertise and working knowledge in ISO standards preferably 9001:2008, FSSC 22000
• Excellent in record keeping with the ability to prepare detailed written reports on a routine basis.
• Must be able to lead meetings and perform presentations.
• Solid analytical skills for data driven decision making
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field with commensurate experience
• 5+ years working in quality within a food manufacturing environment.
• Proven experience with developing, evaluating and implementing ISO processes and programs, preferably within a food manufacturing environment or related field
• Experience working with and/or leading cross functional teams
• Experience in training and working with different employee levels throughout an organization
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications a plus
• Lead Auditor Training preferred
• Ability to work periodic off-shift and occasional weekend work when required
• Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Occasional local travel, or air travel, to meetings