Job title : Facility Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Under the direction of the Regional Director of Operations, oversee all operations at the facility, ensures that safety and environmental compliance is met, along with the viability and profitability of the yard.
* Manages cost and expenditures; takes action to meet or exceed budgeted targets for yard volume, net profit and ROI.
* Supervises employees including hiring, discipline, terming as necessary along with safety and environmental training.
* Grades and prices scrap; pays customers as needed.
* Maintains excellent relationships with both commercial and peddler customers, calling on them as needed.
* Develops new customers in conjunction with assigned or targeted areas.
* Manages truck dispatches as well as contract carrier trucking.
* Maintains company safety and environmental objectives and standards; maintains ISO 9001 and 14000 as well as OSHA compliance requirements.
* Supervises building and equipment maintenance and replacement needs.
* Prepares and monitors annual budgets and monthly operating reports.
* Occasionally may operate yard equipment, perform light equipment maintenance etc.
* Performs other responsibilities as assigned or directed.
Prefer Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, management or other related area and at least 5 years industry experience including supervisory experience. MUST have experience managing in a shredder yard. Must have excellent open communication style to carry out ongoing dialogues in a way that creates trust and confidence within all levels of the company as well as with external vendors and customers.