Job title : Account Executive
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Manage all current industrial accounts at the assigned yard and bid on additional accounts/projects as necessary to support yard volume and margin targets.
• Purchase ferrous and non-ferrous scrap from existing industrial accounts and suppliers.
• Maintain contact with existing industrial accounts and suppliers to maintain consistent inbound scrap flow within budgeted guidelines.
• Solicit and develop new industrial, dealer, and suppliers accounts in northern region.
• Follow markets and market trends, to advise customers in timely fashion of changes occurring regarding pricing.
• Resolve issues regarding pricing quality, and other items with both external and internal customers.
• Monitor gross margin reports and ensure pricing and purchases allow for attainment of budgeted goals.
• Assist in inventory management.
• Perform other related duties or special projects.
• Operations training and cross training required – on going scale support is part of this role
Wears all necessary PPE while in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow standards, may result in loss of position.
A Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, accounting, business or other related field, with a minimum of 3 years experience. Industry experience preferred. Must have the ability to develop effective working relationships with customers and vendors; ability to multi-task and be a self-starter. Computer knowledge and proficiency. Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation. Occasional overnight travel while on the job may be necessary.