Job title : Director of Demand Planning
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Director, Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Client. This individual creates and maintains forecast models for all major channels, including Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and Massage Envy, Direct-to-consumer, and International distributors, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
The key objective of this position is to develop accurate demand forecasts that incorporates current and relevant market information, allows the company to correctly predict customer demand, and provides our supply chain with the appropriate information to plan to meet that demand.
This position must coordinate Planning efforts, ensuring alignment between senior management, business unit, and Planning goals and objectives, while delivering high quality forecasts. In addition, this position will facilitate cross functional relationships with sales, marketing, operations and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to help guide the company.
This role will refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
• Develop, own and continuously revise channel demand forecasts
• Lead Sales & Operations Planning process and meetings
• Manage Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment processes and meetings (CPFR)
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
• Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
• Provide input to Operations and Finance in developing inventory strategies
• Integrates sales and marketing demand with manufacturing and production requirements
• Analyze specific buying patterns of key customers including total case quantity trends and predict how they impact customer fill rates and required contingency/allocation plans
• Integrate and manage aging inventory projections into S&OP. Ensure all data input to MRP results in desired forecast
• Review sales plans , finance budget or latest estimates and demand drivers:
• Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
• Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
• Review promotional plans with sales
• Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
• Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
Key Success Metrics/Results
• Creating a demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
• Maintain strong, positive relationships among demand planning, sales, marketing, operations and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
• Create, enhance and refine systems, processes and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
• Execute with excellence in the area of in-stock rates with respect to replenishment and new product launches and feedback to the Sales, Marketing and Operations the opportunities and risks regarding customer and company performance metrics
• Develop a world-class Demand Planning organization that effectively meets its business requirements, and is able to deliver ongoing improvements to the forecasting process.
Experience /Education Requirements:
• B.A. / B.S., MBA preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years forecasting/planning experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Expert Excel skills a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
• This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, business judgment and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a fast-changing environment. A self-starter with strong time management skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred