Job title : Senior Demand Planner
Job Number :
Division : Administration
The Senior Demand Planner position is instrumental in the determination of the realistic demand and shipments at the brands perspective. The Senior Demand Planner is to drive the overall process of managing the demand signal for all product types, to drive the Supply Chain and provide the best signal to the Supply Planning team, as well as providing thought leadership, direction and accountability to the Demand Planner(s). Use quantitative analysis for all new launches, seasonal programs, promotional items, along with existing in-line basic items to ensure forecast and plan are realistic and attainable. This position will serve as a key resource in bringing the brands needs and Supply Chain together to achieve business outcome goals and performance objectives. Manage the Demand Planning processes as well as leading a Demand Planner(s), providing leadership, and being the process leader. Driving results through Brand holders.
• Maintain SKU forecasts in Demand Solutions system as part of the monthly process cycle for their particular brand along with leading the Demand Planner(s) brands through the same processes. Communicate the forecast changes to the stakeholders within the corporation, while leading the Monthly Consensus Meeting cycle and ensuring the Demand Planner(s) cycles are also successful.
• Must demonstrate individual leadership, neutralize biases, and demonstrate conviction to forecast processes, inputs, and outcomes. Drive accountability to Demand Planner(s), Supply Planners, peers and brands, while holding the brands accountable for forecast accuracy.
• Develop and publish various reports to track performance and portfolio impacts, along with the normal Demand Planning KPI's (WFA, Inventory, WOS), to monitor the health of the operational forecasts.
• Ensure the Marketing and Sales strategies are accurately represented in their forecasts along with the other Demand Planner(s).
• Generate Supply Chain reports & metrics for monthly meetings including S&OP, and communicate findings to mid/senior level executives.
• Ensure effective business rules and policies are in place to meet the needs of the businesses plans.
• Coaching & Mentoring - Leadership Skills This position is necessary in the developing of the Demand Planner Analyst. This position requires the training and knowledge transfer of the Analyst to help him/her become a Demand Planner and run the business from a planning perspective.
Required Skill & Experience:
• 3-5 years of Demand Planning or operations experience. Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. Comfortable in driving change throughout the organization, and the desire to have leadership and people development.
• Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain. Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel & Power Point. Experience using an AS400 ERP system is critical (Demand Solutions preferred).
• University Degree in business required (focus in Supply Chain preferred but not mandatory if the candidate has 3-5 years of related work experience).