Job title : Quality Inspector
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector performs documentation review and certificate of compliance verification for received materials ensuring company quality standards and conformance to customer quality and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Perform receiving and receiving inspection on products and services provided by outside services or contractors, ensuring compliance to specifications.
* Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
* Practice safe working methods.
* Communicate with supervision deviations of tolerances and quality.
* Assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards.
* Generate Non-conforming reports.
* Complete all required records and paperwork.
* Comply with all safety regulations.
* Microsoft word, excel and access literate.
* Able to translate certificate of conformance into customer requirements
* Operate and program a coordinate measuring machine (preferably PC-DMIS).
* Communicate with manager noted deviations from tolerances and quality.
* Good communication and troubleshooting skills.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED; minimum 5 year related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as blueprints, routings, work orders, engineering specifications, and safety regulations. Ability to write documentation.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.